Tuesday 8 September 2009

A BED FOR ZAPPI














Outstanding among the list of requirements from Faust at FON is "A large Couch for Drummer." "Big Man" they add. If you've seen Faust you'll appreciate the understatement. Zappi Diermaier is the equivalent of several Big Men. After combing the furniture shops of Barrow I found nothing . Everything looked like Dolls House Furniture. How about a big bed we thought? OK, but have you seen the cost of a decent King Sized bed lately? It'd mean cutting back on the tech budget...so I got up today with half a plan about scrounging something from a local shop in a hastily cobbled sponsorship deal... I left my flat to find my yard and most of the street awash with mattresses, bedboxes, bedframes... dozens of them... seems my landlords are using the spaces benaeth my place as a storeroom. When I bought the Faust Tapes 30 summat years ago I never thought I'd be lugging the drummers bed around the cellars under Barrow Shipyard. Zappi will rest easy, thaks to Jimmy and his gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment